User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Parker G might have scammed me indeed!

stevexyz is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parker G might have scammed me indeed!

RESOLVED (see update below). but parker is still a lousy seller in my book.

i thought calling parker a scammer in my first complaint thread was a mistake. but as time passes by, the truth will be revealed.

SHORT VERSION (for those who don't want to read the entire thread):
    i bought an amp from parker. he disappeared couple days after i paid. when he showed up a week later, saying he was busy, n' lied about shipping the amp. then 3 weeks later, i received a non-working amp. n' now he's disappeared again.

OK, here's the FULL VERSION:
    1st, for those of you saying incident involved $80 or $65 or any small amount of money is not a scam, you are actually encouraging scammers to steal from good people here. 2nd, there are some cases here where good sellers did become scammers. n' 3rd, being patient sometimes wouldn't get you anywhere (see my story below):

here's the original for sale thread:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421307

here's my first complaint thread:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425249

PART I (basically what's in my first complain thread):
    i bought an amp from Parker G on July 24. i paid him via paypal right away. after the first couple days, he was like vanished for a week. then came back on Aug 4 saying (actully lying) that he already shipped out the amp to me and told me to be patient and wait for it. then he disappeared again. without any tracking info and no respond from him, i filed pp dispute on Aug 7.

seeing still no respond from him after another 3 days, i posted my first complaint thread about him here. he showed up the next day (Aug 11), saying that i wasn't being patient, showing the shipping receipt to everyone, proving that he indeed shipped out the amp to me. so i decided to shut up and wait for it.

the amp finally arrived on Aug 15, but POSTMARKED Aug 11. so actually he DID NOT ship out the amp until 18days after i paid for it (4 days after i filed the pp dispute), the same day he showed up again to defend himself. for those of you who have been defending parker here, saying i jumped the gun too early, saying i shouldn't file the dispute, saying usps regular post takes a long time, telling me to be patient and wait, what do you have to say now? he lied about shipping the amp to me in the beginning. do you think he would even ship out the amp if i kept being patient, just sit there n' wait, without taking any action at all?

PART II:
    i tested the amp right after i received it, but it could not even turn on. it didn't even have any load or input yet. and all settings were at the lowest (proper way to begin testing an amp). before any of you try to tell me to check the wiring, i'm not a newbie, n' i have tested lots of amps on my own. i always triple check wiring setup to be safe before i power up anything. i checked it again (also checked the fuse) after i couldn't get it to turn on. both wiring and fuse were good, but still couldn't turn on. then i tried it with input and load, but still no luck.

so i opened up the case to look for clues. i found two blown diodes and one possible burned mark. i'm sure i didn't burn them myself (no smoke no smell no heat no nothing), and any professional should be able to tell those diodes was blown long time ago. they were even covered by little dusts already, just as the rest of the board. so i didn't have to look any further. i'm sure the amp was DOA.

i called parker right away (he gave me his cell# on the day he came to show the receipt). he returned my call quite quickly this time. he said he tested the amp before shipping it out, and asked me to show him the blown diodes. i told him i'd send some pix to him, n' i'd call him right after that. he said ok. so i took some pix and emailed them to him immediately. when i called him again, some gal answered the phone saying he was in the shower. i said fine, just tell parker to check his email n' call me back. but he never called again.

that was last saturday (Aug 15). i've been trying to call him everyday since then, but he never answered. i left him several voice mails, but he never returned my calls either.

i believe he actually did pick up the phone once when i called his home # yesterday (Aug 17), but the guy on the phone said he's not parker, altho i'm pretty sure they have the same voice, but since he denied it so i just told him to tell parker to call me back. then again, no return call at all.

HERE'S MY THOUGHTS (not necessary the truth):
    parker MIGHT be a pretty smart scammer -
    1) he used his gf's pp account (with 0 verified buyer) for this transaction. if anything happened to that account, he could just dump it.
    2) he held the amp for more than two weeks after i paid for it, n' didn't respond to me during that time, leaving me no choice but to file a non-receipt dispute.
    3) then he shipped out the non-working amp after i filed the dispute so that he could prove it to paypal. so if i escalate the dispute to a claim, i'd probably lose because he's got proof of delivery. n' i can't file another claim for receiving a non functional item because it's the same transaction.
    4) another smart move is that he insured the package for more than $200. he might actually wish the package to get lost in the mail so that he could claim the insurance. either way, he'd get money for his non-working amp.
    5) $80 or $65 is not big money. some people here might come and say: nobody is gona put so much effort (actually he didn't really have to do much) to scam you for such a small amount of money. so this might actually make him look clean.
    6) he has pretty good reputation here, at least until now. some people here do trust him, n' that's also why i trusted him in the first place.

NOW, i don't want to endlessly keep waiting for parker to call me back anymore. you can say that i jump the gun too early again. but based on my previous experience with him (i tried pm, email, even paypal dispute before, n' now phone calls n' voicemails, still couldn't get him to respond. but whenever i posted something like this, he'd jump in to defend himself the very next day), so i believe this is the only way to bring him up to talk again, if he ever would.

n' i believe there are always two sides of a story. i'd like to hear what parker has to say about this (altho i'm pretty sure he's gona give the same lame excuse of being too busy, or maybe even blaming me for blowing the amp). now, PLEASE, parker, come and tell everyone your side of the story.

UPDATE 8/22/09:

just received notice from paypal: parker has finally issued a refund to me (maybe after all these pressure i put on him). but he still refused to communicate with me. he just posted one last msg in the dispute, calling me a "shady buyer" n' saying he's "out the amp and shipping costs".

i just don't know why and how i'm a shady buyer in this case. he's the one first lying about the shipping n' didn't actually ship out the amp to me until more than 2 weeks after i paid; he's the one lacked of communication throughout the whole transaction; he's the one shipped me the DOA amp n' refused to work with me on the problem. n' he won't be out an amp for sure, i'll ship it right back to him on Monday. so actually i'll be out the shipping cost in this case, at least one way back to him
    Last edited by stevexyz; 08-22-2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: update

CA.com Ref: lilmaniac2, 310w6, TheBoss, vinnymack, amartin_72, freakish07, XDrkmanX, snfsh79077, dave_damage, TSGP, bad @SS chevy, alxmlr789, tez4life, Bobby32, n' many more
    DIYMA Ref: tranv117, 310w6, dBassHz, s2groove, Slammed, Tn_Audiophile, BassBaller5, el_chupo_, Kpg2713

Head Unit: Clarion DXZ855MP

Front Speakers: Dyn 360
    Rear Speakers: Dyn 240GT
    Amp: Mcintosh MC431M

Subwoofer: 2 IDMax 12D4 IB
    Sub Amp: Sundown 3000D
    Power: 300Amp HO Alt, 1/0 Big 3, Dedicated Ground, Batcap 400, 2nd Battery

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Parker G might have scammed me indeed!

postmarked Aug. 11:

blown diodes:

possible burned mark:

CA.com Ref: lilmaniac2, 310w6, TheBoss, vinnymack, amartin_72, freakish07, XDrkmanX, snfsh79077, dave_damage, TSGP, bad @SS chevy, alxmlr789, tez4life, Bobby32, n' many more
    DIYMA Ref: tranv117, 310w6, dBassHz, s2groove, Slammed, Tn_Audiophile, BassBaller5, el_chupo_, Kpg2713

hornedfrog1985 is offline <---Down Syndrome Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you gonna fight him? Not much you can do, better luck next time.

Quote Originally Posted by danyopjr View Post
    Kickers are not meant to last that long so therefore seems like this sub is either abused with running too much watts to em or have been used for awhile. Kickers are ok for the price but wont last long when running them for awhile or running too much Watts to em
    Refs thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...read?p=6573666

statonburrell2 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kimbo slice his ***

power-fanatic07 is offline Knockin Doors Down

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm. that *****

Got Refs? http://www.caraudio.com/forum/itrader.php?u=47119

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hornedfrog1985 View Post
    Are you gonna fight him?
    i'll see how he's gona react to this thread first. i actually hope he'd come n' prove me wrong by either refunding or having the amp repaired for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, you got scammed plain and simple. Cry it out, and get over it. Seriously you won't be able to do much. I've gotten burned on here too. Once in a while someone with a bunch of feedback whos been here for 3 years just decides to be a douche bag and cash in.

Kickers are not meant to last that long so therefore seems like this sub is either abused with running too much watts to em or have been used for awhile. Kickers are ok for the price but wont last long when running them for awhile or running too much Watts to em

tapout is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

werd. You got scammed. Sorry for your monetary loss but atleast now we know.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, you got scammed plain and simple. Cry it out, and get over it. Seriously you won't be able to do much. I've gotten burned on here too. Once in a while someone with a bunch of feedback whos been here for 3 years just decides to be a douche bag and cash in.
    i know. there's not much i can do now except showing everyone what happened.

tapout is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We shall give him a week to rectify this before we bannish him to hell.

vitveet is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job with the original thread/post! Very well thoughtout and explained! I can tell you're a smart/good guy. Best of luck with the situation. Worst comes to worse, sell the amp for $30-$40 and you'll only be out $40 to $50.

Lexus IS300
    Pioneer 4300dvd
    Vifa Tweets
    Knukonceptz wire
    2 many high end subs/amps to list!

Vitveet = ENCLOSURES
    [email protected] for your custom enclosures!
    thousands of build pics, just ask to see them!
    PLEASE EMAIL ME SINCE PM'S ARE FULL!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vitveet View Post
    Good job with the original thread/post! Very well thoughtout and explained! I can tell you're a smart/good guy. Best of luck with the situation. Worst comes to worse, sell the amp for $30-$40 and you'll only be out $40 to $50.
    thanks man. i'm waiting for a local guy to get me a quote for repairing this amp. if it's not too much, then i'd rather have it repaired and keep it myself. if parker wana prove himself not a scammer, then he'd better pay for the repair. otherwise i'll just eat this lost on my own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feels like someone punched you in the gut huh? I hate it. Hopeless, and empty feeling. There was someone on here that got taken for like 2 IA 20.1s, and some other stuff. That would really ****.

The guy that ripped me off was scamming people left and right, I bet he's made a new name on here. He's done it like 4 times. On one of the car modding forums he ripped off a couple of guys for like $2,000 a pop in parts.

Here is what I do pretty much any time before I buy:

Get a Mod to do an IP check.
    See if he had bought the item off the forum previously.
    Search the name.
    Get pics with username/date (if they don't have time for pics then they must not really need to sell it I guess.)
    Make sure they have sold plenty of stuff. Buying isn't the same ref to me as a selling ref.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feels like someone punched you in the gut huh? I hate it. Hopeless, and empty feeling. There was someone on here that got taken for like 2 IA 20.1s, and some other stuff. That would really ****.

The guy that ripped me off was scamming people left and right, I bet he's made a new name on here. He's done it like 4 times. On one of the car modding forums he ripped off a couple of guys for like $2,000 a pop in parts.
    wow, that's a big time scammer for real. hate these scumbags. do they just make their living by scamming people?

vitveet is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is what I do pretty much any time before I buy:

Get a Mod to do an IP check.
    See if he had bought the item off the forum previously.
    Search the name.
    Get pics with username/date (if they don't have time for pics then they must not really need to sell it I guess.)
    Make sure they have sold plenty of stuff. Buying isn't the same ref to me as a selling ref.
    Good info!

Quote Originally Posted by stevexyz View Post
    wow, that's a big time scammer for real. hate these scumbags. do they just make their living by scamming people?
    ...yeah, pretty much!!!

Just curious, but how was the amp packaged?!?!

V.

Lexus IS300
    Pioneer 4300dvd
    Vifa Tweets
    Knukonceptz wire
    2 many high end subs/amps to list!

Vitveet = ENCLOSURES
    [email protected] for your custom enclosures!
    thousands of build pics, just ask to see them!
    PLEASE EMAIL ME SINCE PM'S ARE FULL!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast