Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Reload Thread: DTBROWN fix this issue!

fast306stang is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DTBROWN fix this issue!

I bought four Polk Audio mids from him on his most recent thread. One of them has a frozen cone and only plays high frequencies. When I got them, they were dusty, so I wiped them down. When I did that, I noticed one of them had a frozen cone on it, so I put a meter on it, I was surprised that it ohm'd out fine, so I decided to test it. Well, it plays only high frequencies. There is no cone movement at all. I tested all four of them on the same channel, full pass, and played the same song each time. Three mids work fine, just the one has issues. I pm'd him and let him know and he told me it should work fine and to test it some more and get back with him. I did that and he logged on today but didn't return my pm's. I might be jumping the gun a little bit, but the fact that he logged on and didn't return my pm's when he knows there is an unresolved issue really pisses me off. So I'm posting this thread on my gut instinct that he's dodging me. I made him a very fair offer...I paid 130 for the four mids. I told him refund me 60 and I will pay the shipping for one pair back to him. Since he didn't respond today, I opened a Paypal dispute. I don't think he honestly knew the mid was bad, but avoiding the issue is not the right answer. I will update when I receive a response from him either here or through Paypal.

Bought from: Korn4Life, criswrld, teedot231999, bluieorbluee, traksta15, Mike465, AudioPhill, vfrrider, kasimo420, AudioFreak
    Traded with: Tez4life, Ridinhi
    Sold to: beanMR2, slim2fattycake, Williambrea, Stevexyz, Dre_ATL, deljaso, dubjetta97, deez, hrtbrk1, akheathen, tyroneshoes

revrider1 is offline Hmmm...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: DTBROWN fix this issue!

Hmm...

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

he seems like a straight up guy, so you might have jumped the gun...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    he seems like a straight up guy, so you might have jumped the gun...
    I mentioned that...I don't like the fact that he dodged me today, that's why I posted this thread. I'm trying to motivate him to fix this issue. I don't like being put off. I don't think anybody does.

Bought from: Korn4Life, criswrld, teedot231999, bluieorbluee, traksta15, Mike465, AudioPhill, vfrrider, kasimo420, AudioFreak
    Sold to: beanMR2, slim2fattycake, Williambrea, Stevexyz, Dre_ATL, deljaso, dubjetta97, deez, hrtbrk1, akheathen, tyroneshoes

hunterw is offline whooodie whoooo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

maybe the magnet shifted during shipping and thats why it has the correct impendence but no movement

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hunterw View Post
    maybe the magnet shifted during shipping and thats why it has the correct impendence but no movement
    Possibly, but no way of telling. They were shipped loosely in the box. You could hear the grills and the mids clanging together when you picked the box up. But again, if that is the case, it is still his issue to resolve it. You can throw anything I pack up for shipping off a building and it wouldn't get damaged.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like I say, I'm not slamming the guy (yet). A response would have eliminated any doubt that he is going to do the right thing---it's not cool to leave someone hanging when there's an unresolved issue at hand.

loudmofo is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

i say your jumping the gun jeff is good people he will work it out

TEAM420
    TEAM CACTUS SOUNDS
    TEAM MAXXSONICS
    TEAM XSPOWER
    TEAM DC AUDIO
    SS 1-2 3rd PLACE 2007 INDY "REGIONALS"
    SS 1-2 1ST PLACE INDY AND 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPION.
    http://www.alphadamp.com

etznova is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

he make things right with you when i bought a Z1 off him if fried upon setting the gain he paid for the repair. I'm sure he'll speak to you about it, he won't leave you hangin, he might of been on a work computer earlier.

99 Ext. Cab Sonoma
    Sub: 2- DD 9515 in 10cubes no wall
    Sub Amp:Stetsom 4K2D
    Midbass: AA carbon fiber mid
    midrange: 4" Tang Band
    Tweet: Seas
    Powered by: Memphis 3004

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He offered me 47.50 after I ship FIRST. I think it's a really crappy offer when I paid 130 for both pairs. He should pay me half--65--and he should cover return shipping. But whatever. I told him I'll accept, but he needs to refund me first. I think that's way more than fair. We will see what he says. At least he's back communicating with me, so that's a good sign.

skmfkr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

keep it to pm's

'08 Ford Escape XLT
    2 12" DC XL's + 2 RD D9s
    Selenium and Crescendo on AQ4X90

etznova is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fast306stang View Post
    He offered me 47.50 after I ship FIRST. I think it's a really crappy offer when I paid 130 for both pairs. He should pay me half--65--and he should cover return shipping. But whatever. I told him I'll accept, but he needs to refund me first. I think that's way more than fair. We will see what he says. At least he's back communicating with me, so that's a good sign.
    well you are still a fairly new member here on the forum so i would have asked for you to ship first two. Not to mention if you had bought the new from an online retailer they would have told you the same thing.

99 Ext. Cab Sonoma
    Sub: 2- DD 9515 in 10cubes no wall
    Sub Amp:Stetsom 4K2D
    Midbass: AA carbon fiber mid
    midrange: 4" Tang Band
    Tweet: Seas