Kenwood x991
    Alpine Spx-17Ref
    Cadence Zrs 9004
    Oz Me 10" Sealed
    Cadence Zrs 6000D

My Ebay http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

Refs Louisiana _Crx-Killa Camry-Traksta15-Ganesh134-sacking74

Quote Originally Posted by jon_k View Post
    Turn the gain down? Quit running impedance at unstable?

fast306stang is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: DTBROWN fix this issue!

DTBROWN sent me a pm and offered up another $15. I think he's had a change of heart and he's doing good by stepping up to the plate. I am much happier since he offered this of his own free will. He could have just received the mids back and been done with it, but he is at least now making this right. Will update when money is received...

Bought from: Korn4Life, criswrld, teedot231999, bluieorbluee, traksta15, Mike465, AudioPhill, vfrrider, kasimo420, AudioFreak
    Traded with: Tez4life, Ridinhi
    Sold to: beanMR2, slim2fattycake, Williambrea, Stevexyz, Dre_ATL, deljaso, dubjetta97, deez, hrtbrk1, akheathen, tyroneshoes

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

$15 received through Paypal

Bought from: Korn4Life, criswrld, teedot231999, bluieorbluee, traksta15, Mike465, AudioPhill, vfrrider, kasimo420, AudioFreak
    Sold to: beanMR2, slim2fattycake, Williambrea, Stevexyz, Dre_ATL, deljaso, dubjetta97, deez, hrtbrk1, akheathen, tyroneshoes

vitveet is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

!!!!
    Way to work it out guys!

V.

Lexus IS300
    Pioneer 4300dvd
    Vifa Tweets
    Knukonceptz wire
    2 many high end subs/amps to list!

Vitveet = ENCLOSURES
    [email protected] for your custom enclosures!
    thousands of build pics, just ask to see them!
    PLEASE EMAIL ME SINCE PM'S ARE FULL!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

seems like this soap opera will never end. I am posting the pm I received from him today and the response I pm'd back. Something is very definitely wrong here and it is not from me. I have been completely honest and open about every single thing I have ever mentioned on this thread. Either DTBROWN or his partner damaged that mid when he got it back. He posted a picture showing a split in the cone saying he received it that way, and I guarantee you it was not like that when I shipped it back out to him. And he's claiming that he can't file a shipping claim because I didn't insure it. Why the hell would I insure a pair of worthless mids??

He claims he packaged it well. This is how it was packaged...the bottom of the box was styrofoam, then a pair of speakers with the grills just laying on the speakers, then another piece of styrofoam, then another pair of speakers and grills, then another peice of styrofoam. This probably would have been fine if there wasn't a 3 or 4 inch air gap between the top peice of styrofoam and the top of the box. So everything was stacked loose in the box and you could hear the grills and the speakers clanging against each other.

I used shrink wrap to tightly bundle the speakers and the grills together so they couldn't move, then I used strapping tape around each speaker, several times around each so the shrink wrap wouldn't come undone and to also help hold the speaker/grill combo secure. I sandwiched the speakers between the two peices of styrofoam and then I used strapping tape around them again. Then I cut the box down to make it all tight and secure, and then I used strapping tape around the box horizontally and then vertically in several diferent places so that the box would not become structurally compromised. There is no way that the speaker cone was damaged in return shipping to the seller unless the whole box was punctured and if that would have been the case, it would have been way more than obvious to MR. DTBROWN, or whoever it was that received and opened it. Instead he is claiming that I received the mid with a split cone on it and shipped it back to him that way, and that is absolutely 110% NOT TRUE. If I had seen that split in the cone---how the **** could I have missed it???---I wouldn't have even tested the **** thing, I would have contacted him IMMEDIATELY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dtbrown
    What I'm about to explain isn't me complaining but explaining how this should have been handled by you and to help you with future purchases on line.

It is very clear that the speaker was damaged during shipping to you and this is assuming not damaged by you and giving you the benefit of the doubt. Even though it was packaged very well from my side it's obvious that something crushed the package and slammed the cone and coil and damaged the cone and coil. And that's why it read fine impedance wise but didn't work. I've included pictured of what the speakers looked like before we shipped and what we got back from you.

Point being is this should have been a claim with Fedex and not my responsibility that's why we insured them. And since you didn't include insurance back I can't make a claim for the damage.

In the end I'm glad you're happy and it worked out for you. But this should have recognized this damage via shipping right away. So next time when you get something with insurance and it's damaged by shipping making a claim is the correct step.

Thanks,

I don't have any idea why you're going to pm me with lies. Number one, it wasn't obvious that it was damaged in shipping, there was no obvious damage to the box or to the speaker. And it was NOT packaged well when you shipped it to me, I mentioned that in the thread. The speakers were sandwiched loosely with the grills between pieces of styrofoam. I could hear the grills clanging against the speakers when I picked up the box. The only thing that was physically wrong was the cone was frozen. Who is to say that it was damaged in shipping?

Your picture of the damaged cone with the split in it is NOT how it arrived here, and I GUARANTEE it did NOT arrive to you like that either. I wrapped the grill and the speaker tightly together where neither one could move at all and I used shrink wrap for that purpose. Then I used strapping tape and went around the shrink wrap very tightly for extra insurance that they would not and could not move. Then I sandwiched them between the styrofoam and used strapping tape around that so they couldn't move either. Then I cut down the box and used strapping tape again so the box couldn't come apart during shipping. This makes for a completely tight and rattle free package that can survive being drop kicked by King Kong. Unless something punctured the box and went through the grill and punctured the cone (VERY UNLIKELY wouldn't you say?) then it did not arrive to you in that condition. I'm assuming either you or whoever opened the box punctured that cone to try and make a shipping claim.

You never mentioned that you even had insurance on shipping to me until now. Funny how that is. My packaging was 100 times better than yours, I know my package would survive being dropped. Honestly I didn't think to insure it on the way back to you because they weren't worth much, how could you even make a shipping claim when the product was already damaged?

You keep referring to yourself as "we," so I am assuming that you have a partner. You might want to have a talk with your other person, because that person physically damaged that cone like that when they opened the box. Because with GOD as my witness, there is NO WAY IN HELL that cone got damaged in return shipping to you unless the whole box was punctured. If that is the case, and you were the one who opened it, you would know **** good and well that is what happened and you would not have sent this particular pm claiming that it was damaged in shipping TO ME. So the point is that somebody is MOST ASSUREDLY lying here and it's not me. So either you are, or your partner is. Everyone on the forums seems to think you're a standup guy, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say if it's not you, that only leaves whoever your partner or partners are and you definitely need to watch your back because they are going to drive your business under if they continue to operate in this manner.
    Last edited by fast306stang; 07-29-2009 at 12:10 AM.

loudmofo is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

you seem like a ****** buyer that crys over everything i would never deal with the op here you got your money now stfu.

TEAM420
    TEAM CACTUS SOUNDS
    TEAM MAXXSONICS
    TEAM XSPOWER
    TEAM DC AUDIO
    SS 1-2 3rd PLACE 2007 INDY "REGIONALS"
    SS 1-2 1ST PLACE INDY AND 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPION.
    http://www.alphadamp.com

bumpin buick is offline Science is everything

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by t3audios_160sdbjeep View Post
    you seem like a ****** buyer that crys over everything i would never deal with the op here you got your money now stfu.
    Amen to that brotha

Jeff fixed the problem, you got your money back. Get over it man.

I agree I would never work with this OP but have no problems with ever having a transaction with Jeff, he even proved right here, he will take a loss to make a customer happy, even though you still are not.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/305521-official-bumpin-buick-feedback-thread.html

tapout is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Northside fewl

Macklessdaddy is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

to the two idiots above me,does this guy seem like he did something wrong because he is explaining his side of the story(crying to you guys)I dont give a fucc if dtbrown and you guys had a good transaction,he should be in here explaining himself and not messaging behind the scenes,you fuccing kids I tell ya.

Kenwood x991
    Alpine Spx-17Ref
    Cadence Zrs 9004
    Oz Me 10" Sealed
    Cadence Zrs 6000D

My Ebay http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

Refs Louisiana _Crx-Killa Camry-Traksta15-Ganesh134-sacking74

Quote Originally Posted by jon_k View Post
    Turn the gain down? Quit running impedance at unstable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
    to the two idiots above me,does this guy seem like he did something wrong because he is explaining his side of the story(crying to you guys)I dont give a fucc if dtbrown and you guys had a good transaction,he should be in here explaining himself and not messaging behind the scenes,you fuccing kids I tell ya.
    guess thats 2 people im not dealing with that **** at life i know how to fix deals when people arnt happy but this guy seems like hes the scammer that damaged the speaker in the 1st place take that for what its worth kids that think they need to cry over everything on ca.com

TEAM420
    TEAM CACTUS SOUNDS
    TEAM MAXXSONICS
    TEAM XSPOWER
    TEAM DC AUDIO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
    I'm riding with the op on this one.
    sounds like you like riding the op's nuts.

TEAM420
    TEAM CACTUS SOUNDS
    TEAM MAXXSONICS
    TEAM XSPOWER
    TEAM DC AUDIO

dtbrown is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Again posting things that don't need to be on line. I won't even bother replying to you via pm then since you like to keep this on the forums. This is the last I'll talk about this matter. And from here out you won't hear anything from me again regardless of peoples thoughts of either side be it good or bad.

All I was saying is that I sent you the comparison picture assuming they where damage in shipping to you. When they arrived to me when I opened the package the speaker was cracked and there was no obvious damage to the package on my side. Only reason why I sent you a pm was to follow up and show you that this was an issue that could have been resolved via fedex because the speakers where insured.

But because you where looking for more of an immediate resolution we refunded half of the payment after the already known disagreement. My intention was not to make you seem wrong but to tell you how the situation could have been handled differently. Regardless of how the cone got cracked it arrived to us cracked. But more importantly the coil was still smashed and speaker still didn't work when it arrived to you so a claim could have still been filed with fedex. And that is the point I was trying to make.

As for knowing if it was insured I never brought it up because you never mention damage via shipping. Regardless of the cracked cone I think the speaker had obvious damage that should have been recognized and addressed.

Again my point being is that this could have been handled differently but still the resolved and you where satisfied.

So far loudest Toyota Yaris with two 10's.

154.1 certified (new rules) on termlab Db Drag Street A. Equipment: DD 9510's and one Stetsom 7k2d on a small Stinger 1750
    155.3 on termlab Db Drag Street A 2007 WF 4th place. Equipment: DD 9510's and two Stetsom 7kd's with a Cacuts Sounds CS9000 Battery.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not crying over a **** thing. I'm showing that DTBROWN is obvisouly interested in trying to justify himself to make him feel better about trying to burn someone on a sale, and then trying to unsucessfully burn FedEx when he got the mid back. If you guys think he's so ****ing great, then you're a fool for dealing with him because when you get damaged product from him, you will get screwed. I don't give a **** about the money, you guys need to be aware that either JEFF or whoever his partner is, is crooked. Just a headsup to those who are interested in dealing only with standup individuals, since this person obviously is not.

Corpserodeo666 is offline Corpserodeo666

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry I've been on this site for over 5 years now and I haven't seen any one **** there pants over 30 dollars like you (fast306stang). All I'm saying is that I saw the speakers before they left, while they were tested and after we got them back. I'm going to say it is a shipping error but just to blow this worthless **** over. I know for 100% that the speaker had zero chance of being busted when it got in to your hands.

All I know is what’s done is done and I think we should just wrap this up. I also have a 6K+ ebay score with a 99.8% positive feedback to back up my statements. And I've been selling stuff online for close to ten years and this is one of the worst ones, I've seen for such a small sum. Something like this could have been resolved in one PM or e-mail.

This is just my .02 and I will be leaving this as is. Thank You.

Stetsom Amps are Awesome.

2004 Dash 154.3 36hz
    2004 Kick 156.9 36hz
    2004 USACI Wisconsin Record Holder in 2 classes
    2004 Db Drag Finals Invite SS5+
    2004 MECA Invite M5
    2004 USAC Invite
    2004 Over 20+ shows In Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana and still undefeated MECA Db Drag USACI
    2004 Unofficial drive by record DB5 132.1 db

2003 Toyota 4runner. Lots of amps and Subs. That's how I Roll.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dtbrown View Post
    Again posting things that don't need to be on line. I won't even bother replying to you via pm then since you like to keep this on the forums. This is the last I'll talk about this matter. And from here out you won't hear anything from me again regardless of peoples thoughts of either side be it good or bad.

All I was saying is that I sent you the comparison picture assuming they where damage in shipping to you. When they arrived to me when I opened the package the speaker was cracked and there was no obvious damage to the package on my side. Only reason why I sent you a pm was to follow up and show you that this was an issue that could have been resolved via fedex because the speakers where insured.

But because you where looking for more of an immediate resolution we refunded half of the payment after the already known disagreement. My intention was not to make you seem wrong but to tell you how the situation could have been handled differently. Regardless of how the cone got cracked it arrived to us cracked. But more importantly the coil was still smashed and speaker still didn't work when it arrived to you so a claim could have still been filed with fedex. And that is the point I was trying to make.

As for knowing if it was insured I never brought it up because you never mention damage via shipping. Regardless of the cracked cone the I think the speaker had obvious damage that should have been recognized and addressed.

Again my point being is that this could have been handled differently but still the resolved and you where satisfied.
    Don't you think I would have noticed a cracked cone??? It wasn't cracked when it was received here, and trust me, it wasn't like that when you received it either.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast