Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Reload Thread: **poundindak69 shady seller/beware**

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

**poundindak69 shady seller/beware**

edited wheere seen at bottom

Let me make it clear from the first sentence I am in no way calling him a scammer just a bad/shady seller( my opinion) But here is the story and im going to let you decide yourself..

Original deal was my orion 2500d(with a slight whine noise) for his sundown saz3000d (1 blown fet) We were both going to ship the same day Tuesday, November 11, 2008 which in fact did happen. Upon my amps arrival to him (orion 2500d) he hooked it up. He stated (through aim, his name blocked for privacy)

brtnboarder3241 (4:32:31 PM): my amp get there fine?
    XXXXX(4:33:48 PM): yes it did
    DTFOP
    brtnboarder3241 (4:34:17 PM): ok cool... 1 question.. why is the plate holding the rcas dented in?
    XXXXXX (4:36:44 PM): and the cool thin it doesnt have the sound

I thought cool my amp got there safe but went to the kitchen to inspect the damage more. The sudnown was packaged very, very nice and not 1 sign of any visible damage to the packaging inside or out, no kick marks,scuffs,scrapes,etc. (nothing that would ever near come anywhere close to winning a claim)

shown here

So as i went over the amp i looked at the power ground side clean, now I looked back at the rca side. I looked and realized the side was dented in(stated in the im above). So as i did i took a screwdriver and unscrewed the 4 screws holding the bottom plate on(to check the insides which the buttons etc were pushed back into it). And upon putting it back on it didn't want to fit. (because of the awkwardness from the damage to the amp.)

(sorry for the 1 bad picture)

Ill try to be brief. So after I stated this it was indeed dented to him. He immediately stated "that's ******". And became pretty hard to contact after that. Well fast forward things to NOVEMBER 24TH, 2008(nothing but filler between him hooking my amp up on nov 13th. and now) but just me trying to contact him(since he either wouldn't respond or kept telling me he would get back to me) and what he wanted to do. Well when i indeed did get a hold of him he stated

brtnboarder3241 (9:04:37 PM): so did u think of anything man
    XXXXXX (9:05:31 PM): nope...i got bad news about the 2500d too...friday night i decided it didnt want to work and started puttin a popping nosie threw my subs then blue som resistors the next day

brtnboarder3241 (9:05:55 PM): sorry to hear that
    brtnboarder3241 (9:06:00 PM): pics?
    XXXX (9:06:20 PM): yeah hopefully i can get it fixed here at school..and i ant got no pics but could grab a few
    brtnboarder3241 (9:06:32 PM): id appreciate if you could get some pics
    XXXXX (9:06:37 PM): ok i will
    brtnboarder3241 (9:06:40 PM): k
    XXXXXX (9:06:42 PM): give me a sec
    brtnboarder3241 (9:06:44 PM): k
    XXXXX (9:10:16 PM): i just got to put them up on photobucket (which upon pics were sent)
    brtnboarder3241 (9:12:05 PM): k.. i understand that this happened and im sorry it did.. fact is (im not trying to be an *** in anyway..just stating the obvious) i got an amp that had a smashed in side.. you got an amp that was more than perfect.. whether what happened was a user error? i really do not know and im not blaming you for it.. its been a run around to get ahold of you man with the amp its been more than a week and im just getting tired of it.. i was hoping you thought of something to compensate

this is now 11days after having my amp. So he asked what i wanted to do about the side being smashed in and rcas. We agreed upon 50$ partial for the damage and this was close to the amount difference between what it cost me to ship 64$ and what it cost him $26. He then said he was going to ask his mom for (since she was managing it) his money. Why? i do not know. This was Saturday the 29th of November. He said he would get back to me the next day Sunday the 30th. Ok well to try to make it short he got back to me today December 2nd 2008 and said he cant give me anything to compensate and he continued to go on how he received my amp and it only worked for him for a few days(he stated he unhooked it and left for a week and came back plugged it back in "worked for a few hours" then it broke. He is saying since this happened it is indeed even.

[17:48] brtnboarder3241: dont take this personall bad
    [17:48] brtnboarder3241: but then how is it even(or considered my fault)
    [17:48] brtnboarder3241: ?
    [17:48] xxxxxx: im not sayin was your fault
    [17:48] brtnboarder3241: but from what you were saying we were "even"
    [17:49] brtnboarder3241: or at least portraying man
    [17:49] xxxxxxx: yeah

[17:49] brtnboarder3241: why are we even
    [17:49] brtnboarder3241: i got a less described amp
    [17:49] brtnboarder3241: u got a better descrbed amp
    [17:49] brtnboarder3241: ?
    [17:49] xxxxxxx: did i gaurente that is was goin to be delivered in perfect condition execpt for it bein blown

So when asked if anything was going to come out of this he stated he could wait a month and see whats going on otherwise basically no.(my immediate thoughts were he had no intentions of paying me from the way he was acting even from day 1 when it happened)

Sorry this is long but i felt the need to express the whole situation why i consider him a shady seller but not a scammer.

If I think of anything to add to make the situation more clear than i will.

CLIFFS: Although to understand and comprehend what happened the initial story more than likely needs to be read but here. Got an amp(blown saz3000d) in a trade for my orion 2500d(slight whine noise) from him. I get it the rcas are dented and so is the side and partial controls(slightly) and side he gets my amp stated better than described he slowed his contact with me then stated my amp sent to him broke on him after having it in for 11days (but supposedly only used for a few hours) Says we are even now and nothing he can do

Im not saying do not buy from him. Just stating a "caution" for the other users on this board why they should make sure everything is good and why i will never buy from him again

Thank you, stay warm, and have a good evening.

EDIT: I'm stating the reasons why not to deal with him because of how i was treated and you can do business at your own risk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: **poundindak69 shady seller/beware**

how am i shaddy may i ask... i tried to work things out but since i am in school with no funds coming in i am unable to compensate you for what has happened to the amp...i am willing to keep to my word and pay you when i get some money.

and the only reason it was hard to get ahold of me was that i was in the process of moving into my new apartment which i think i told you.

Rashaddd is offline Terrrrrist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brtnboarder3241 View Post
    [17:49] xxxxxxx: did i gaurente that is was goin to be delivered in perfect condition execpt for it bein blown
    =scammer in my book unless he's going to make it right.

That's like me sending someone a blown amp, telling them its blown before I send it, and turns out its also missing the back plate and looks like it was dropped off a roof repeatedly. That's bs. It is HIS responsibility to inform the buyer of any issue, not your responsibility to ask. As far as I'm concerned if he won't make it right, he's a scammer. Period.

Refs: themommyvan, CharlieAnderson, bassknocker23, bigbirney420, wu501, _JaY_, lrc131, R/T Pimp, NeverEnuffBass, d-REW, slapmaster, headbussaboi, edzy, adio, 1ndatrunk, jfink, k_schutte, bigredhybrid, ARSkemp, s-saudio, pimpdaddyq, AudioFreak, scarolinablazin, ssackett, kylebechtold, craigzter, etc..................

rollerdj is offline Low End Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good post. more people need to take notes on this. i talked to him about this amp several times. never said anything about dented sides.

Car- Nissan Sentra Spec-V
    HU- Kenwood Excelon XXV-01D
    Front stage- Stock for now
    Amps- Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D
    Substage- Single 12" Sundown X12 Prototype
    Box- 1.75ft^3 Sealed

"Watch the ***** flying twards you, i'm not kidding."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWm0C5zxVPw

nope, he wasn't kidding! lawl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rashaddd View Post
    =scammer in my book unless he's going to make it right.

That's like me sending someone a blown amp, telling them its blown before I send it, and turns out its also missing the back plate and looks like it was dropped off a roof repeatedly. That's bs. It is HIS responsibility to inform the buyer of any issue, not your responsibility to ask. As far as I'm concerned if he won't make it right, he's a scammer. Period.

but when i packaged amp the rca plate was not bent..i know this for a fact...and if it was i would of informed him about it

brtnboarder3241 is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poundindak69 View Post
    how am i shaddy may i ask... i tried to work things out but since i am in school with no funds coming in i am unable to compensate you for what has happened to the amp...i am willing to keep to my word and pay you when i get some money.

and the only reason it was hard to get ahold of me was that i was in the process of moving into my new apartment which i think i told you.
    this stated NOV. 15TH 2008 2 days after we received eachothers amps

xxxxxxxx (2:48:23 PM): nm chillin in my new apartment
    brtnboarder3241 (2:48:31 PM): thats cool.. hows that going?

it is now decemeber 2nd..i can understand it takes time but not near that much from my moving experience, especially for an 18 year old

Rashaddd is offline Terrrrrist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poundindak69 View Post
    but when i packaged amp the rca plate was not bent..i know this for a fact...and if it was i would of informed him about it
    I'd say that pretty much implies you just decided to omit the info

and I've seen a pic on here of a sundown 3kd that had a bent side EXACTLY like that a few weeks ago.

Refs: themommyvan, CharlieAnderson, bassknocker23, bigbirney420, wu501, _JaY_, lrc131, R/T Pimp, NeverEnuffBass, d-REW, slapmaster, headbussaboi, edzy, adio, 1ndatrunk, jfink, k_schutte, bigredhybrid, ARSkemp, s-saudio, pimpdaddyq, AudioFreak, scarolinablazin, ssackett, kylebechtold, craigzter, etc..................

hoxie08 is offline i <3 drugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how the **** does someone dent an amp like that? carelessness? lol

Refs:
    DeViOuSoNe, lowriderram_95, jcee, wheeler8921, sampson, DaveT
    Chevyaudio, profundus-sanus, bds0688, revrider1, AudioXtremes
    jmanpc, vitveet, siacarman (x2), TeamPSI (x2), qtipextra, got_focus?
    FASTIMES, blackbonnie, Megalomaniac, Nate_100, PatFitz9, rmdl51
    dumpin907, 01 S 10

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brtnboarder3241 View Post
    this stated NOV. 15TH 2008 2 days after we received eachothers amps

xxxxxxxx (2:48:23 PM): nm chillin in my new apartment
    brtnboarder3241 (2:48:31 PM): thats cool.. hows that going?

it is now decemeber 2nd..i can understand it takes time but not near that much from my moving experience, especially for an 18 year old
    yeah i know, i will admit i did sometimes have bad contact cause i would forget when i would get a im on my phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoxie08 View Post
    i liek how i get blamed for denting the amp when i stated it was packaged without the dent.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoxie08 View Post
    he did infact state this

which i am sorry i left out(again aim name not reviled for privacy)

brtnboarder3241 (2:52:13 PM): cool cool... did u think of anything you could do with the damage on this amp or no?
    XXXXXX (2:52:56 PM): no i mean i always handled it with care even after it broke
    XXXX (2:53:14 PM): they only time im think in when i shipped it when it was in my car
    brtnboarder3241 (2:53:46 PM): hell like i said i even saw the pics u took and it wasnt like that
    XXXXXXX (2:54:31 PM): yeah it prolly did it cause i t was in the car werid...like it was behind my seat on the floor layin againt the back seat
    brtnboarder3241 (2:55:09 PM): so u think it happened in the car?
    XXXXXX(2:55:22 PM): could've

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rashaddd View Post
    I'd say that pretty much implies you just decided to omit the info

and I've seen a pic on here of a sundown 3kd that had a bent side EXACTLY like that a few weeks ago.
    but i stated that if i did know about i would inform the person cause they have the right to know if was bent

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like I stated i am not calling him a scammer or implying it (just a shady seller).. Im off to the gym right now and will be on when i get back.. if anyone wants to get a hold of me for any reason

pm on here or brtnboarder3241 on aim...

Thanks

revrider1 is offline Hmmm...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting

NewAgeKing is offline OG, still fly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shady. He needs to pay for a new end plate and possible rca jacks.

Civic Hatch Soon To Be Walled.
    Under Construction.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast