First let me say I know that many of you have had great transactions with Jimmy, this is the whole reason that I did business with him. I did not want to bring this to the forum but I've waited and dealt with this for almost 2 months. My patience are gone.
I was doing a search in the classifieds for some AQ sd2.5's. I contacted Jimmy about 4 12" AQ sd2.5's that he had in a for sale thread that was a couple of months old at the time. We agreed on a price of $350 shipped for all 4. The ad mentioned that one of the subs had a crack in the basket by the surround and that it would just need a little jb weld and it would be good. Even with that little problem this deal was GREAT!
Here is the ad that I seen and talked to him about.
I payed Jimmy on the 2nd of june. He said that they would ship no later than the 4th. I did not receive any tracking info that day so I waited until late that night and emailed him and asked if they had been shipped. I received an email the next day stating that they had been shipped and he would email me the tracking info. Why he didnt just give me the #'s then, I dont know.
I never heard back from him and I emailed him a few times from the 5th until the 9th. I hear back from him on the 9th and he said that he was out of town on vacation. And that the packages had been sent back to him and were on the way back to his house because fedex typed the wrong address.
I asked for the tracking numbers so I could contact fedex and see if they could re-route them. I never hear anything back.
I hear nothing back. So I email him on tuesday the 10th. Just asked for an update. I hear nothing from him. So I email him again on wednesday morning. I stated that I didnt think he was being truthful with me. And basically asked him how he would feel if he were in my shoes. He emails me back later that day, sayin that he wont do business with me ever again, he's never had anyone be so scared that they wont get their stuff and dont trip I'll get my stuff. I'm like WTF! How is this my fault?!?! I email him back and state that I appreciate the deal he gave me and that I am not scared I wouldnt get my subs. But he needs to realize how it looks from my view.
I finally get tracking info on the 11th and now he is using UPS instead of fedex. From the 11th to the 24th of june. He has been on vacation every weekend up to this point and only told me once that he would be out of town. The tracking info never updates and I stay in contact with Jimmy. He says that he called UPS and "something about invalid info". I kept texting him and emailing him trying to get this figured out. During this time he says that he is going to throw in a JVC kd-avx1 for all the problems. I am happy about that to say the least and it eased my mind a little.
So on the 24th the tracking finally updates and says they are in transit. Well after waiting for 3 1/2 weeks to receive the subs I finally get them. When UPS dropped them off and I picked up the first of 4 packages I knew right away that they might be jacked up. The packages were pretty banged up and the balance of the package was shifting.
I open all 4 packages and all 4 are single boxed and packed with CLOTHES. Yes thats right CLOTHES. The subs were not even packed in there tight. There was more than enough room for the subs to move around in. Upon further inspection I see that 3 out of 4 of the subs are broken in multiple places on the baskets around the surround and that even the surrounds had ripped a little.
There is no insurance on the packages cause I "didnt ask for any, otherwise he would have charged more". Ok, then at least package the subs right!!
I propose that I send the subs back and he refunds me. I would be losing out on shipping but I was willing to take that loss. The subs are worthless at this point. And after waiting over 3 week to even receive them I really dont feel like lolly gagging an waiting to see what he is going to do. He says "no refunds bro you know this". He mentions that he can get recones and baskets cheap. Thats great, except I dont know how to do a recone and I'm not about to pay for anything cause of his lack of packaging.
I let him know that I am filing a DISPUTE with PP not a claim, and we can work it out from there. I hear from him this morning and he says,
"Good luck Bro they will ask for proof of shipment which i have and u didnt ask for insirance after all i wantwd to work with you but u wanna screw me goodluck i had ur back and i woilda like to help you out but u refused to show action like i didnt give u what u wantwd sorry i shipped what u ordered sorry they arived like that i wanted to work it out and u refused."
I didnt refuse anything. Just going through the steps.
While I'm waiting to see whats going to happen he contacts me on the 29th and says that he will do the refund and I can send them back if I can wait until "next week". Needless to say, I agree. On the 3rd of july I ask him if he just wants to refund for the 3 that are broken and I keep the 1 good one. This way it would make it a little easier to get the money together.
Well I still have no money as of right now. I emailed him yesterday and havent heard anything back. My patience are gone and I want my money. I understand that sometimes its hard to come up with money. But I was told that "if I could wait until next week" I would get the money. Well its almost 4 weeks later.
Here are pics of the subs when I received them. How they were packed and some of them broken