are Kicker zx2500.1 strappable?

regulated power?
NOPE, WIRE @ 2 OHM.

W/ IMP RISE GET 4 OHM LOAD.

amp makes all power @ 4 ohm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

oh and did I mention teh efficiency?

wow i posted a new thread about this exact topic, i should have probly looked a little first haha, hey i have 2 dual 2ohm subs guna wire them parallel/series to get 2 ohm and im hookin em up to 2 kicker zx2500.2 (hopefully) if i can strap them together. if anyone can help me out please do so thanks everyone

wow i posted a new thread about this exact topic, i should have probly looked a little first haha, hey i have 2 dual 2ohm subs guna wire them parallel/series to get 2 ohm and im hookin em up to 2 kicker zx2500.2 (hopefully) if i can strap them together. if anyone can help me out please do so thanks everyone
Like what we agreed to , we got down to a point that we can just wire them down to 1 ohm and let the imp rise push the ohm rating to 2+ ohm so the amp will be seeing a 2+ ohm.

Actually I think I am convinced that doing this method is the best way since it would get the most out of your amplifier. With imp rise, wiring at 2 ohm is kind of waste of power imo.

im not sure if u can strap the kickers with the max link or not. some amps you still cant strap even using the maxx-link like the audiopipe ap 30001D. but i had the Kx 2500.1 and mine NEVER got hot i had it wired 1 ohm nominal with just an DECENT electrical. the zx were supposed to be improved so dont know why urs is getting that hot. i can tell you this HEAT and Electroncs dont mix. its only a matter of time before you start having problems from your amp. if your running it balls out hot everytime you play it. wether its tommorow of 5 years from now, its bound to break. id check the grounds or something. like i said dont know why yours run so hot, and mine didnt, and my ele were DECENT. hell in some cases i droped below 12v and still had no problems?

if i were u id add fans to the amp. id make an exhaust system like i did for my xbox 360. id have 1 or 2 fans ******* cooler air from the cargo area or trunk or what ever blowing into the amp, and have 1 or 2 fans mounted reverse so that it starts ******* heat away from the amplifier itself. i did this with my xbox 360 and the temp drop was SICK!

Yeah I might have to double check my grounds, but I am positive everything is done properly and my voltage floats around 14.2 to 14.4 but sometimes it does go as low as 13.9

Some people are saying theirs run very hot also because those amps dont have any internal fans, but there are people including you who say theirs run cool. I am not sure lol. But I will double check when I am near my Explorer again.

Yeah I might have to double check my grounds, but I am positive everything is done properly and my voltage floats around 14.2 to 14.4 but sometimes it does go as low as 13.9
Some people are saying theirs run very hot also because those amps dont have any internal fans, but there are people including you who say theirs run cool. I am not sure lol. But I will double check when I am near my Explorer again.
he said he had a kx2500, the kx series had fans in them stock i believe, all my ks series kicker amps did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.