Leaking radiator fluid when defrost is on.... help?

DB-Audio
10+ year member

Syko DJ music producer
Newtown, CT
does anybody know what this part thats circled inred is i got a 98 ford explorer xlt v6 4.0
Picture011.jpg

the part at the corner of it leaks radiator fluid only when the defrost is on

ummm i'll go look it up it leaks right were it meats that hose to the left of it and the rubber is all bubbly like it over heated think that could be why my ac doesnt work?

ummm i'll go look it up it leaks right were it meats that hose to the left of it and the rubber is all bubbly like it over heated think that could be why my ac doesnt work?
Its possible. I would expect it to be more of a weak AC system though. Have you tried getting your AC recharged?

Take it to a parts store. Find the smartest looking guy you can and ask him to come outside and look at it for you. He may know what its real name is and sell you a new one.

the only reason a heater control valve would make ac not work is if it was open all the time letting hot water into the core. to see if your ac works or not, you need to start the car, turn on the ac and watch the compressor to see if the clutch engages. if it does, then the only thing preventing refrigerant from getting to the interior would be a plugged orifice tube.

The seal inside the heater vac. control valve is bad. Also could be why your a/c isnt working. Turn the truck on and a/c on and let it idle, see if the output of the air changes from colder to hot without turning the heat on, thatll tell you.

The seal inside the heater vac. control valve is bad. Also could be why your a/c isnt working. Turn the truck on and a/c on and let it idle, see if the output of the air changes from colder to hot without turning the heat on, thatll tell you.
there is no cold air at all never has been after about a month of owning the truck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.