Soundstream turantula trx2000d

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fique
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
michigan
Hello all i'm new, I am in the process of upgrading. Got the first sub and amp going. Heres the thing, I cant stop the thing from bottoming out. I know the amp is too much but is it really that much too much? I was running at 1 ohm. I had the gain at ZERO boost at Zero ssf at 20-30. Seems like this sub should handle this amp with ease.

I had it hooked up to a jl 500/1 and it sounded very close to the soundstream

maybe even more sq.

Since I have hooked it up at 4ohm and I am able to get 75% gain but my ssf is so high I have no low hz. The jl was just rumble this thing.

I dont get it.

Specs ;

-soundstream trx2000d

- Fi Q 18 bp upgrade

-Sealed 6 cube box

-Factory Alpine hu w/6 disc

Fique

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Fique

Find all posts by Fique

Add Fique to Your Buddy List

sorry for double posting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The amop is a turantual 2000watts @ 1ohm, 1100@4ohm. The bp upgrade puts subs rms at 1300-1500 watts, underrated i was assuming. Sorry if this is in wrong topic.

Well since the pain in the ass install of my navigation/head unit. the amp is now pushing the sub precisely and powerfully. I think im putting about 1600 watts to it at 1 ohm. The sub craves it too!! stinkin loud. I invested in nice double twist rca's. So Im assuming it was the horrible signal from the loc and oem hu. Case closed......oh yeah got the second fi q coming this week...cant wait.

Thanks for all the input!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.