Need help wiring an equalizer

ak49
10+ year member

Suprise?
So my buddy gave me and equalizer with subwoofer out because my HU didn't have any, but i don't know how to hook it up. The EQ says on it "Boss Pre-Amplifier Equalizer with Subwoofer" model AVA 1206

Wires are as follows

Black-Ground

Red-12 volt power

Orange-Acc/car st

gray 1-right input +

gray 2-right input -

brown 1-Left input+

brown 2-left input-

Seems pretty straight forward but i dont know how to wire it into my stereo/harnass?

Do i match up the EQ+HU wires such as take both Right impute + Wires, twist them together then solder them to the harnass/plug adapter wire? That is also right input +?

HU \

---------------

(Twist/Solder/Wrap)X---------Wiring harnass/plug

_________

EQ /

on the deck there is 1 pair of RCA outs, L and R, on the EQ ther eis rear LR FRont LR sub LR and low-level input LR

so how do i wire thsi thing in lo0l?

Still clueless :/ trying to search info on it, not having any luck? so i just splice into my hu power/remote/ground, and run the rcas from my hu>eq>amp?

use the RCAs from your HU or it might sound like crap. But splice into the hu's power remote and ground is right.

use the RCAs from your HU or it might sound like crap. But splice into the hu's power remote and ground is right.

Run the L/R RCA's from the HU into the inputs of the EQ, then the sub outputs on the EQ to your amplifier.

Black is ground, Red goes to the +12v constant (probably yellow on the HU), Orange goes to +12v switched (Red on HU).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.