WTB Amp

03 S Type
10+ year member

VA/FL
I had a JL Audio 500/1 powering a 12W7 in my Jag, but got screwed over by a local shop that did some work on it. Now I'm looking at having to replace the amp due to their mistake. Looking to either replace with another 500/1 or upgrade to something stronger. Shoot me a PM if you have anything of interest with a decent price. Prefer local to the VA area but can pay shipping if necessary. I won't be back on for a few days, so I'll probably respond to all messages Thurs/Friday ish if I don't get to you in the meantime.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

but I have a JL 500/1 for sale if you are interested ($190 shipped via postal money order)

All PMs replied

Funny how that's the same thing I said to them when I spoke to the manager- then when I went in there and he saw that when I had the work done and I paid for it to be done in cash he deleted me from the computer and asked me for a receipt. I usually keep every mod done to my car in an envelope in my glovebox but somehow this was the only one missing.

Discount Auto Sound I believe was the name. I wish I had had a chance to speak to someone local before I went. I spoke to someone in the sound shop at Best Buy to see if they could see the extent of the damage (because the shop refused to even look at it to see how badly they screwed up) and he said that they do this sort of stuff all the time. It's not so much that they try to screw your system up so much as they cut corners and never fix the situation when they screw someone's **** up!

I contacted JL Audio and they said its $180 + Shipping to have it fixed, that's why I was looking at just buying a used one. By the time shipping costs are assessed it'll come out to about the same price either way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.