Amp/sub recommendation; Hummer H3

Participant count
  • Participants list

96TL
10+ year member

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. I just leased a Hummer H3, and plan on adding some bass to it. Nothing crazy though. I have the factory upgraded Monsoon system. Its not the best, but it does get pretty loud. I plan on disconnecting the rear sub, and adding my own. I don't plan on upgrading the satellite speakers.

I had a JL 10W7 with a JL 500/2 in my last car, and it was very loud. I was also using the factory stereo back then (Harmon Kardon), and it sounded pretty good. I've been out of the stereo scene for a few years, so I don't know about the new stuff. I'll spend up to $1K for the setup, but the less money, the better. After all, it's not my car to keep. I have a 27 month lease.

I'm thinking 1 sub, either a 10 or 12, with one amp, in a ported box. I want to mount the amp to the back of the rear seats. I need the box to come out easily. I'll be using this truck to carry gear back and forth from my boat every weekend 8 months a year (main reason I leased it). I need the room for buckets, bags, rods & reels, etc.

Thanks!

Dom

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.