Subwoofer died!!! I think...help me

Alright I'll try all of your methods in the morning, it's cold as hell and dark and I just got back from a fun night and I'm going to bed.

Also, regal8r I'm in Lincoln

I just checked the output lines with a test tone playing and they are all good. I checked them both amp end and on the connector to the sub, everything looks good.

The weird part is when I hooked everything back up and played the test tone it played for about 1 second then cut out again...The only thing that I can come up with at this point is that one of the wires that connect the amp to the sub is just loose and right on the threshold of making contact or not...

I'm gonna test the sub with a battery and if it works then I'm going to rewire the whole box because I didn't do it and the guy did a shitty job who did.

Guess what... I was right. After all that testing, it was nothing more than a loose connection on the negative wire inside the box on the speaker cup. Whoever did the wiring on the box did a terrible job, so I'm going to buy a new speaker cup and some wire and rewire the entire thing tomorrow.

Thanks for all the replies!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.