what type of box?

Participant count
  • Participant list
KFC-XW1202DVC.jpg

have you ever made your own enclosure? If not, then buying a nice prefab might be a route for you to go...such as subzone or woodlawn cabnietry.

But a good sized box for that would be around 2 cubes tuned to 35 hz....would be a great daily beater.

Depends on what you want...

Generally, Sealed gives you sound quality, ported gives you loudness, and if done right retain most of your SQ...

Its all about bandwidth. You can't get something for nothing, but your box can help determine where your acoustic power falls, in the frequency scale that is.

A ported box is more "peaky" than a sealed, but also more efficient in that peak. They drop off completely below the tuning frequency, and you should set your low pass as not to allow them to be driven below this point anyways, as the box provides almost no cone movement control. For reasons such as these it's often suggested to start with a sealed box. As long as you get the dimensions right you're good to go. (assuming bracing etc)

What really interested me was your name. MTB or dirtbike? heh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Its all about bandwidth. You can't get something for nothing, but your box can help determine where your acoustic power falls, in the frequency scale that is.
A ported box is more "peaky" than a sealed, but also more efficient in that peak. They drop off completely below the tuning frequency, and you should set your low pass as not to allow them to be driven below this point anyways, as the box provides almost no cone movement control. For reasons such as these it's often suggested to start with a sealed box. As long as you get the dimensions right you're good to go. (assuming bracing etc)

What really interested me was your name. MTB or dirtbike? heh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I MTB.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.