SQL Setup - Dual 12" - 1000W ???

Hmmm, only part I can agree with there is the space issue //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. As for the amp, fok the hifonics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. Its overated, which is why you prolly see some sites list it at 1200watts. I'll sell ya a kx 1200, if interested. If not, she'll be on ebay tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.
nah, I dont have the money right now. Got $920 in bills due by the 14th.

After I pay for my credit card($189) I'll put either the other sub, the subbox, and amp on it. Or the sub, box, and a set of SLC265's for my front.

Or maybe just the SLC's and a amp for them.

I see my complete system being done in 9 months time for everything.

2 months for my frontstage and substage.

CarPC will take the longest time but I wont start that till August+

I'll also possibly have to fabricate/fiberglass a new center console for everything. Gotta learn how to do that. Gotta practice. And in reality I'll prob install my alarm system and hold out on the carpc for a few more months.

In the future i'd like to do a custom fiberglassed trunk install. Either a raised false floor or something else but I want it to look nicely integrated. I dont want a "box" At all.

As for ported vs sealed. I've yet to hear the Diamond D6's in a ported. But I have heard enough to know that's not what I want right now. I do plan on following Diamonds plans and making my own ported box. But for now I want to see how sealed is, and at $55 shipped for a dual box, sealed, caulked, dual chambers 12". I don't see any problem with that.

ruffy, PM flakko and see if he might have an US Amps Merlin MD2
US Amps Merlin MD2 1521W X 1 @ 1ohm

alittle higher than I was looking at. What I couldnt find on this forum was how much power people are giving D6's on average. would 800wattish per sub be good or pushing it alittle.

You could find an Orion 1200D, that would be perfect for what you want. The Merlin MD2 would be perfect also, as long as you set your gains properly. I would definately have someone build you a box on here, or you could build it yourself. You could spend about $55 and have someone here build you a nice ported box, probably not carpeted though.

You could find an Orion 1200D, that would be perfect for what you want. The Merlin MD2 would be perfect also, as long as you set your gains properly. I would definately have someone build you a box on here, or you could build it yourself. You could spend about $55 and have someone here build you a nice ported box, probably not carpeted though.
Yeah, be sure to set the gains right. The MD2 is underrated. It will put out closer to 1900@1ohm.

Orion 1200D?
more my pricerange if bought used. I'd prefer it new though, problem is I cant seem to find it new under $300 since it's discontinued. Ebay has it for $400+ Which is too much.

I'll look into it.

*edit*

All retail stores i see that carry it have it for $400+...

i'm really liking the look of the

MA Audio HK401SX

1800W RMS 1 Channel High Current Amplifier

500W RMS x 1 Ohms @ 4 Ohm Mono

650W RMS x 1 Ohms @ 2 Ohm Mono

1200W RMS x 1 Ohm @ 1 Ohm Mono

1800W RMS x 1 Ohm @ 0.5 Ohm Mono

Digital LCD Display (Voltage, Temperature & Output Level)

Platinum Plated Connections

Quiet Fan Cooling System

Alittle more than what i wanted but me likes if its real

Well got my subs today, 2x Diamond Audio D612D4's They are **** nice. Wish I could power them(I could do 200w @ 4ohms..... which would mean one coil... eww)

In any case now comes the problem of the box

Bought a premade. It's 1.21cu per chamber. Wondering if I should add some 2x4's for bracing AND to take up some space. I also have a bag of poly fill if need be. Specs on the subs say .8 - 1.0 Cu sealed.

Down the road I plan on both building Diamonds Ported enclosure. And fabbing/fiberglassing my own setup for a clean install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.