Sub suggestion

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fayt
10+ year member

OH
I'm looking to totally fiberglass my trunk this spring/summer. I'm looking for some good SQL, leaning more towards SPL. I'm planning on on using 4 12" or 2 15" subs, at least with what I've been drawing so far. I've been reading around, but can't seem to figure out what some of the better subs are. From what I've read, it seems the RE MT, RE XXX, Orion H2, Soundsplinter, and JL W7 seem to be pretty popular. Price doesn't really matter, under $3000 really is fine for subs + amps. These will mostly be used for hip hop/rap, with the occasional rock song.

Any other suggestions?

MT is the loudest of the bunch

13w7 = best for SQ/SQL of the bunch

Hell

Three 13w7's and three 1000w amps = well under 3 grand

Leave you the extra towards upgrading your electrical.

I'm leaning towards the W7's, because I've heard good reviews for them. What about idmax subs? Or D9's? Just wondering how those stack up.

Which one of those subs will hit the lowest? I don't want something that is sounds like complete ass, but will have good sound over a nice range. I've heard the XXX has good range and can hit really low notes. I'm looking to utilize the whole trunk and tune it to 32hz. No need for cargo room or anything else, it will be stripped of the spare tire, jack, extra junk, then layed with sound deadening.

I don't have the exact specs right now of what the trunk size is because I'm at work.

Low frequency extension is going to be determined a lot by your install...and I wouldn't tune to 32Hz if that's a concern //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Start at 27Hz...perhaps consider going sealed if you really want a deep low end.

For the front stage, I was looking to running some CDT, Dynaudio, or Focal components. I haven't looked into the components very thoroughly yet, so I'm not completely sure. Once I get done figuring out everything needed with the subwoofers (price, enclosure, amps), I'm moving onto the front stage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.