Component install question!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Depends on what your speakers play to and what your h/u crossover is capable of. If you can have pretty precise control from the headunit (slopes, x-over points) then I'd leave it "off" on the amp and control it from the h/u.

Having said that, you really should have some sort of HPF on your comps to keep it from playing the notes it wasn't designed for (though the passive will take care of the tweeter).

Depends on what your speakers play to and what your h/u crossover is capable of. If you can have pretty precise control from the headunit (slopes, x-over points) then I'd leave it "off" on the amp and control it from the h/u.
Having said that, you really should have some sort of HPF on your comps to keep it from playing the notes it wasn't designed for (though the passive should take care of that).
My HU has a hpf which I have on and the amp's hpf is on also. I am adding the Component soon.

My HU has a hpf which I have on and the amp's hpf is on also. I am adding the Component soon.
You don't have to have both on.

What h/u do you have? If the h/u has adjustable slopes then I'd stay with that. Music changes, and some songs you'll want to have different settings for.

You don't have to have both on.
What h/u do you have? If the h/u has adjustable slopes then I'd stay with that. Music changes, and some songs you'll want to have different settings for.
I have a Sony CDX something...

So turn the HPF and LPF off on the HU? I have 2 amps one 4 channel and a mono..

Adjustable slopes as in an EQ? its has a 14 band or so EQ.

I'm no expert but I can tell you what I have mine set to. I have my high pass filter on (on my amp) and it's set to about 75hz, I would just mess around with it and find what sounds best to you.

Can you get the model number for me?

Most likely your CD Player has 80hz lpf & hpf. Just set your lpf for your sub on @ about 80hz or so, and your hpf on for your components at about the same. You can toy with it as lost said, but that's a good beginning point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.